Gorgeous
Today turned out to be a really great day. We slept in, I won't say how long, and got up to get ready for the temple. I had been wanting to go do some sealings and so we both had the day off today and thought it would be the perfect day. So, we got all dressed up and the temple was closed! It is closed until the 21st of this month. That is like 3ish weeks! I was kind of getting frustrated. So, we then decided we would go to Costco. We went yesterday and got all of our things, but when we got to the register, Brent's card was expired and it had been for more that 7 days. So, we left with nothing. Jeannie renewed Brent's card for him and so we thought we could get our stuff for real. Well, it turns out that if you renew it online, it will take a few days for your card to be updated. We made the trip for nothing, once again. By now I was getting really frustrated. Nothing was working out for us. I had the brilliant idea to go for a drive up the canyon and have a little picnic. We had stuff for sandwiches, we had some chips and Brent got us some soda and a treat. We didn't know for sure where to go so we just started driving. (I don't usually recommend this as gas prices are so high, but today it really was worth it!) We drove and we drove and we drove. I was driving and I hate driving on roads that I haven't ever been on. Brent was really enjoying himself looking at all the scenery and whatnot. We pulled into what we thought would be a good place for our picnic, but it was really crowded. So, on we drove. Brent and I switched when we got to Heber City! Haha. But, for some reason, we kept going. We eventually made it to Midway before we turned around. It was such a beautiful drive. We still hadn't made it to a place for a picnic yet, mind you. But we turned around with high hopes. We did end up pulling off to this park with a huge lake and picnic tables. The table we picked had lots of ants, but they didn't bother us. It was breathtaking. The weather was perfect and so was the company. I am so, so glad that Brent came outside with me. I know how much he hates the outdoors, but he did such a good job with me. (I think he even enjoyed himself!) Since Brent was driving on the way home it was my turn to look at the beautiful scenery around us. While I do hate living in Provo, I think that I might miss the mountains when we end up moving. (Don't tell anyone...but I am kind of glad that the temple was closed. I had the greatest day with my amazing husband and I loved it!)
Our little picnic table. Brent had food in his mouth, haha.
I took a picture of myself trying to get the scenery in the picture, I'm not sure that I did such a great job. And, I have food in my teeth....it isn't my fault!
Haha, Brent had sunflower seeds in his mouth and he was pretending to be a fountain, I think...
And then I wanted to take a nice one of him, but this was his face. Poor kid...I treat him so unfairly.
"That think is evil looking." Brent
Yeah, I know this isn't a good picture, but it was the best I could do.
6 comments:
You should he is soooooooooooooooo cute I know.
Love the pics. Brent makes a great fountain. I am glad your day turned out so nice. I love you both very much.
Love, Mom
What an up and down day that stayed up in the end! I am glad you had a fun picnic by the lake.
Carefree days like that are the best, seriously the best! Take advantage of everyone, one day they will be very few and far between. Love all your photos, you guys are great.
Isn't it beautiful out there!?! Kevin and I thought about stopping at that same place when we were headed home but didn't end up doing it. I'm glad you got to see lovely Midway and Heber too. I love it out there. I think it is so beautiful. Wohoo! for going!
I liked the evil looking flower/weed. It looks like you had a fun day. I hate it when I make plans and then they don't work out. Sorry about that. :( The knife dance was pretty darn funny.
Post a Comment