I have no idea why the world is trying to teach people that if they aren't a size 2, then they shouldn't love their bodies.
And I don't know why so many people are unhappy with the way they look.
Sometimes I feel in the minority when I'm not angry with the way I look. Ususally, I am pretty happy with what I see when I look in the mirror. (After the make-up is on and the hair is done! ha) I feel that the world is trying to teach me to hate myself, when I actually love myself!
I may be conceited, and the you, World, may attack me, but I am me and I think I am a pretty special person. Sure, I am trying to make myself better everyday-physically and spiritually, but I do like where I am with myself right now. I am confident in me. So take that, World!
"Our Father in Heaven provides the perfect example of this principle. He sees our divine nature. We are His children. The way He sees us, because of His love for us, is perfect. The mirror which He holds constantly before us, if we only raise our sight to look, is the one in which we should trust. Its image is always true and never distorted. He reminds us, as He did to Moses, 'Thou art my son [or daughter]' (Moses 1:4)" --Elder Lynn G. Robbins of the Seventy
World, watch what you are teaching people. Young people, and even adults, are very impressionable. Teach people that they are beautiful. Because, guess what people, you ARE!
Love, Carolyn
11 comments:
Well said my dear.
I love your posting Carolyn. The other day I was sitting in my recliner and on its own it went down a notch. My 10 year old grandson was there and he looked surprised. I said to him, "Ryan if you were sitting here that would not have happened, but since I am fat it made the chair move." He immediately said , "your not fat!" I said, "I am Ryan..very much so." He adamantly stated, "no you aren't Mimi!" I sat there with tears in my eyes, realizing that children see their grandmothers hearts and not their size. Bless dear Ryan...he made my day." I will "ditto" what your mom said, "well said my dear."
Agreed, senorita.
So True! Thanks for the letter.
Listening to the news this morning and the employer at Hooters telling his 5'8" employee that at 135 pounds... she needs to lose weight or she will be fired. What!?!? Are you kidding me??? Whomever the boss is...he/she should be ashamed.
I am a firm believer that some people never have to worry about their body weight... and there are a whole lot more of us that do. I am trying to be healthy and understand my eating habits... but my body is never going to be a size 2... thank goodness.
ToOdLeS.
Amen, Sister!!!
Yay! I love you. :D
Yay! I love you. :D
Aw... Carolyn I absolutely love this posting. That's where I'm trying to get at in my life. I really try to stress that everyone is beautiful in my new weight loss blog because it's so important to remember that we're daughters (and sons!) of our heavenly father and he made us BEAUTIFUL! Everyone of us. Thank you for sharing this!
love Nichole
Love this!
I love this too. You are beautiful.
Post a Comment