And I can't believe it. I have had mixed emotions the last few days as I am all done with college. Can you believe it? I am a college graduate! It is insane to think.
Friday was my last day at Springville Junior High. And, since I hate to cry, it was kind of an awkward day. Ha.
Diane gave me the most fabulous gift, including all things that have been inside jokes throughout the semester. My oh my, I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Things including secret soup, candy cane kisses (worth every WW point!), a framed picture of herself, Chicken in a Biskit crackers that are fat free, the power of Lemonjello, and a list of her favorite Hirzy Sue moments. Hahaha, the list was aaaaamaaazing. I told her that I was sad that nobody else would understand all of these Hirzy moments. Oh well, I'll remember.
First Period
All of the kids and Ms. Hamilton made me a thank you book full of sweet little notes. My little English class wrote me notes too. All of them are super precious. I might have cried just a little when I was reading the notes to Brent. Maybe....I have had the most wonderful time as a student teacher. I feel that I have learned more in this 4 months than I did the rest of the time I was at BYU. I have learned practical things that will help me as I have my own classroom.
I can't believe how much I love junior high kids. I wanted to teach jr high to have a change and to see how I liked it. I loooooved it. The kids had their own personalities and they were able to joke around. They could be more independant but they still needed and wanted help.
It's crazy to think that I am all done. (Before older brother might I add. hehe) I'm not quite sure what I'll do next. I have an interview tomorrow for a job that I would LOVE to get. But, who knows...maybe I will get my masters? All I know is that I am done with school! And it has been an amazing journey. I'm thankful for the things I have learned and for the friends I have made. Life is good. Very good.
8 comments:
WOO HOO!! Congrats!! When I first graduated, I totally wanted to get my masters... now I'm like... eh... It's so nice to be done with school!! I'm so happy for you!! How fun!
Congratulations girl!!!! How exciting to think you're finally done and all your hard work is paid off. I hope you get the job! If not, you can always be a home bum like me!
Good luck with your interview. I love you!
Yay!! Good luck with the interview! And you're doing ww?? I didn't know that... me too!! You go girl!
HOOOOOOOOORAY! Lucky, lucky. Just think- no more textbooks, no more tuition, no more class presentations, no more papers, no more! I imagine that in many ways it will be very lovely. And soon you'll have a classroom all to yourself!
Carolyn,
Congrats!
I bet you feel so relieved. Whew! Glad thats over... right?
It looks like you have enjoyed yourself in Springville. I hope you get a job you love in the perfect spot.
Hugs to YOU!!!
Merry Christmas!
ToOdLeS.
I am so very, very proud of you sweet Carolyn. You did it. You set your goals and you were determined. That tells me that whatever you choose to do in life, you will succeed with flying colors. You are amazing. Hugs.
CONGRATS! Shouted as loud as I know.
Post a Comment