Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Just a thought
Oprah (can I just say that I love her?!) had on her show today Jenny McCarthy and Warrior Women was the theme of the show. I got in on the show about half way into it and I found it to be a very good show. Jenny's son has Autism and she has been very open in her struggles with that and with how he is doing now. As far as I know, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think her son is doing so much better! Anyways, so many of the viewers were intersted in what Jenny had to say that she did a live thing over the computer where people called in and emailed in their questions and Jenny answered as many as she could. Of course I had to watch. And, I don't even feel like I wasted an hour of my time at all. She is such an amazing woman and it seems like she wants to do so much good in the world. Anyways, there is a point to this post... I don't remember the question that was asked, but I do remember her response. Jenny said she was playing with her son telling him that she loved him but he just wouldn't respond to her. She called her mom so depressed asking for words of inspiration. Her mom told her this, "Everything responds to love." I think that is one of the most true statements! And how wonderful that is. Jenny said from then on, even though her son didn't know she was there, she would send him love all the time and she knew that he could feel it. I think that is one of the most amazing things I have heard in a long time. Let us always remember that everything responds to love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I saw Oprah today and I really enjoyed that show. I have also seen Jenny on Larry King. She is an incredible mother and has done so much to raise awarness of autism.
I haven't seen the show yet, but did you know that you are now related to someone who has gone through the same thing as Jenny? My cousin Melanie's daughter, Maisie, is our family's version of Evan. Melanie has met Jenny McCarthy and Maisie has a part in Jenny's new book!
all you need is love... all you need is love,love... love is all you need.
What a great point, Carolyn. I'm glad you posted it.
Post a Comment