Sunday, September 14, 2008

You Are Special

I have been wanting to get this book for a long time. (I heard it at a church thing and fell in love with it. The pirctures are amazing and the story is just beautiful. I highly recommend this story to anyone and everyone.) I just haven't done it because it is always too expensive for my pockets. However, I never have forgotten it and always check the bookstore to see if maybe, just maybe the price will have been lowered. Well my friends it never does go down. It is only $20 and I would gladly pay it, but I know that I could use that money elsewhere. So, on Friday, Brent and I went to the bookstore because I wanted to get a book that was on clearance. I couldn't find it. Anywhere. But, I did check for my favorite book. And, guess what?! No...they didn't have it on clearance and the price wasn't any lower, but they did have a deal none the less. For the same $20, I got two books in one. There is the You Are Special book and then also in the book is Best of All. I love both of them. They are by the same author and the message is just as sweet in the second book as it is in the first. Brent is the sweetest boy in the whole world for letting me get it. Oh, I have read it a handful of times already. It will be great for my own kids someday and it will also be great for my classroom! Hooray for me and Brent!!!

4 comments:

The Jackson Clan said...

I know I know I decited to climb out of my black hole and do something new.

Anonymous said...

YOU, my dear Carolyn are special!! Thanks for loving that boy so much!

Carolyn said...

Thanks mom. :) Brent tells me I am special too. Only, I think he means a different kind of special.

Grant Haws said...

"You are special" makes me cry a little every time I read it. And considering I am a heartless monster, that's saying a lot.