My momma and dad came this last Thursday and stayed until Monday. They got to stay in my dumpy college apartment and I don't think they knew what to think about it. I warned them that the 6 boys that live above us were loud and played dumb music until all hours of the night but they didn't seem to believe me. On Sunday night, the music was finally playing! Its more like pounding than playing. My dad decided to pound on the celing, that usually makes them stop. But, they just pounded back and turned up the volume. DUMB! It made my mom mad because she is such a light sleeper. I think they were happy to go home and not have the loud music above them. It was fun having them here though.
The run-down of what we did:
-They got here on Thursday and I made dinner. It was great fun! We had chicken and stuffing and french bread and it was grand. My old roommate Andrea wanted to have a surprise party for my parents since they were coming to town. We went over and played games and ate treats and had lots of fun. (My parents are late night party animals!!)
-Friday morning my class got cancelled so I didn't have school until 2:00. Oh how grand! I got to sleep in a little bit and it was joyous. My mom got hair dye from Melanie...thanks!!...and she dyed my hair that morning. I wrapped a sheet around my shoulders so I wouldnt get my shirt ruined, and its a good thing I did. She was getting that stuff all over the place! But, it turned out great. After class....Calculus might I add, we went to Tucanos and ate...and ate....and ATE! Its this Brazilian food place where they come around and shave off meat onto your plate. Its so yummy. We were full. We went to Target...and I GOT 2 PAIRS OF JEANS! I only had one that didn't have holes in them and that I could actually wear. I never find jeans. It was so great. And my parents bought them for me! Oh yay! Even better.
-Saturday my mom, Stacie (Kevin's fiance), and I went shopping all day. My mom needed to find a new outfit for the wedding that was Stacie's colors. She did find one. Its really pretty. Oh, I got my hair cut too! It was in such desperate need of a cut. I do like it. We went to eat at the Lunds house...family friends. That was lots of fun too!
-Sunday after church and dinner, we drove to Salt Lake City to visit Aunt Marie. She is my grandma's sister and they look like twins. When we visit her, it makes us all miss my grandma because they are so much alike. These are the only pictures I have of the whole weekend.
Aunt Marie
2 comments:
Oh apartment living, bleck! When I was at Ricks 4 cheerleaders lived above us. It was awful, their jumping and stunts would shake out light bulbs until they burnt out. It was so wrong and we *hated* them. Not nice, I know.
So glad you like the color. I'm trying to get back in the goods with you. I realize it might take years. I'm ok with that, I'll work for it.
Miss you!
I thought you had a cute little place. Sure, the boys upstairs are very rude, but you and Brent seem so happy in your little apartment. Love can make that place seem like a mansion and you two have a lot of love.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment