Sunday, March 30, 2008

Its going to be a long week...or two?!?!

Well, Friday was my big interview with a lady from the Special Ed/ESL department. There was supposed to be a lady and a man, but the man didn't show up. So, it was just this nice lady. She asked me questions about what I would do if I were in certain situations, asked me questions why I wanted to be in the special ed program, judged me on my overall appearance. (Which was very HOT by the way. Haha) I think that the interview went really well. The only downfall will probably be my GPA. It's not so hot. Freshman year I was homesick all the time and last semester I was so in love and had a fiance! I couldn't focus on school. Duh! I do have lots of experience, and I saw my scores for my essays....they were pretty good. So, it will be the GPA. I should find out in a week or two, depending on when the secretary wants to send out the letters. Oh, its going to be such a long wait!!

I also have an interview on Wednesday for a TA position at http://clearhorizonsacademy.org. Its a school for children with Autism, and it sounds like such a great job! Its for summer and for next fall at least. I might get away from Subway!! Oh that would be one of the best days of my life. The interview goes something like this: The lady in charge talks to me for a little bit...and then I get to play with the kids! I am so good at playing! That link is for the school and it looks so exciting. I really hope I get the job.

Is it really too much to ask to get into the special ed program and to get this new job all in one week? I think that its acceptable.....really.

3 comments:

melanie said...

So funny. About getting out of Subway that is. I hope you do too. And if you need a reference about how good you are at playing, Kat or Nate can write one for you. Ha!

Good luck you deserve the best. Especially now that you can concentrate in school!

Brittany said...

Hey! It was so good to hear from you! I'm glad we can keep in contact this way and keep each other updated since I haven't seen you in AGES. How's married life treating you? You and Brent make an ADORABLE couple. Good luck with your job interview this week!

Chandra said...

Yeah.....You got in....and it only took three days to find out. I'm so very very proud of you.
Love, Mom