Someone is five months old! I bet you can't guess. Let me give you some hints. She is adorable. She is smart. She is always happy. And she is my baby! Yep, Claire is 5 months old. I can't even believe it. Time is passing so very quickly. I have loved spending the last month with her. Summer break is treating both of us well and she is growing like a weed.
At five months, Claire:
::rolls from front to back AND back to front! She is such a great little roller. She sometimes forgets that she can roll over to her back once she gets to her tummy and so she struggles. It's actually really cute. She hasn't quite figured out that she can get to places by rolling yet. She sometimes rolls really quickly back, front, back front. She thinks she is really something when she rolls over and I clap for her and cheer.
::is still a champ at holding her head up during tummy time. She is trying to get up to start moving but we have a ways to go before that happens. She will wiggle her legs and kick her feet and squirm all over.
::started rice cereal! Our doctor encouraged us to wait until she was at least 5 months old and if she wasn't interested wait another month or more. We started when she was 1 day older than 5 months. She didn't turn away but she was unsure what to do with the spoon in her mouth. I think we need to find a smaller spoon? We will keep trying it and see how it goes.
::loves to smile. Claire just loves life and she is always happy. She enjoys laughing too. The silliest things are making her laugh recently. Things like mom saying, "Boo!" and Daddy poking her belly and making a funny noise. Grandpa Jackson pretends that Claire is corn on the cob and she giggles when he eats her. I also do this funny song that I made up (I even made up some dance moves) and it gets her to smile every.single.time. I'm her favorite person, I just know it!
::is a big fan of her feet. She has recently taken to putting her toes in her mouth and she can fit all 5 toes on one foot inside. It's really funny to see her laying on her back with both of her feet right up by her face.
::is a LONG baby. Period.
::is starting to try and sit up by herself. She needs just a little bit of help and stays up really well. Claire will sometimes sit up for a couple of seconds before toppling over. (Worst mom ever.... I let Claire sit up for a second and she fell, head first, into the TV stand. I cried harder than she did and she is just fine now. This mom business is emotional stuff.)
::is making more noises with her mouth and her noises have a lot of variety to them. She is very talkative, usually right in the morning and at night before bed.
::eats fingers like they're going out of style. We think she is trying to get some teeth in but can't quite get them through. If there is a hand nearby, she will pull fingers into her mouth. Along with that, she slobbers like nothing else.
::is more interested in playing with her toys. She enjoys grabbing on to her toys in her bouncer and play mat and loves a pink bunny that she has. Her toys usually go right into her mouth.
Dear Claire,
I keep thinking to myself that I love you as much as possible yet every single day I keep loving you more. You are becoming such a fun little girl and I'm so lucky to have you in my life. You are easy going just like your daddy and you are a joy to be around. Your smile lights up my day and your laugh melts my heart. I love you, Snugga.
Love, Mama
4 comments:
Hooray, Claire! You are such a big girl! In just a few days I can say that I will see you THIS month!
Wow. That is a lot of exclaimation marks. I guess I'm excited or something.
Carolyn she is SO cute!
Cuter by the minute!
ToOdLeS.
Glad she was here for her five month birthday. We had so much fun with her. She is such a happy girl....her smile just lights up the room. Glad we got to take her on lots of adventures.
Post a Comment