::Grandma came to my casa on the way through to Arizona and then on the way back to Canada. She broke my stove when she came. It kept turning on for no reason and getting really hot. We ended up unplugging it and waiting a week until we got a new stove. Lame. The new one is lovely though.
::School has been going strong! I had 4 students at the beginning of the year and now I have 5. I have all boys and they are really sweet kids. I have an awesome para and he helps me like crazy. Makes my school day run much smoother. Yeah Ryan!
::We went on a field trip yesterday to the Bean Museum on campus. It was a really good change of pace and the kids had a BLAST. I'm glad they got to experience it. They had the biggest smiles on their faces at the end of the day. I hope I can make a difference in their lives.
::Brent is a HUGE helper when it comes to school. He makes dinner so I don't have to worry about it and he helps me in my classroom when I ask him, too. I married a winner. I sure love him.
::I have a lot of meetings. Seriously, it's a little crazy. And a little overwhelming. But, I'm surviving!
::Brent found out he can graduate in August! He is going to graduate with a business minor. Yeah Brent! I'm so proud of him for sticking with school and working so hard. He is doing really great this year! And I think mostly enjoying his classes.
::Brent went on a hick to Timpanogos cave recently for one of his classes. He took fantastic pictures and I keep telling him he needs to blog them. Maybe if everyone bugs him, he will do it! Everyone....BUG HIM! :)
::We have been talking a lot about what we are going to do next year. I don't think we really know what we will do. Ha.
::Fall break is coming!! We are going to visit Kevin & Stacie!! My parents are coming too! I haven't seen Kevin and Stacie in forever and I am crazy excited!! Yayayayayayay!!
::I'm done. Whew. Noooooowwwww, I will try to post more often. And with pictures! Maybe.
5 comments:
It will do you both good to see Kevin and Stacie and also to see the Mom and Dad.
I did 3/4 of the Timpanogos Hike... Tony made it all the way. It was at the first part of my weight loss journey and I wasn't in prime condition... plus my asthma and higher elevations don't get along too well.
Kudos to Brent for being able to graduate... when you said that you must have been reading my mind. I thought I wonder where they will go and what they will do next.
Hugs to you both!!!
ToOdLeS.
BRENT....I want pictures. I am sure you are making a difference in the lives of those kids bug. You are an awesome teacher...and I can tell you really care about them. Sure love you. Glad you got a new stove after the blue hair broke it....ha ha.
That is so exciting about school! Five tough students is a huge challenge. I am glad they have such a good teacher to help them through the year.
Also congrats about Brent's graduation!! That'll be a great day. He should start looking out for jobs now. Maybe go to the job fair at BYU.
And as far as next year, you are smart. Don't make plans until it comes closer around, because sometimes, even better opportunities arise that you didn't even consider (as we so gratefully found out).
Thanks for the post. I may just have to make that hat now... ;)
Carolyn, I just thought you should know that I love your blog posts. I always leave here happy. You definitely are one of those kind of people. I bet your 5 students just love you. And Brent, we really do want to see these pictures....
Enjoyed reading your update! Sounds like you two are doing well. I even enjoyed it without pictures...except for the ones that were missing from Brent. :)
Post a Comment