::Feb 23rd-Chris flew into SLC so he could go into the MTC on Wednesday. We went bowling with him as a last hurrah. We also took him out for his last supper at Red Robin. (Don’t worry, we did eat jello, too!) Brent and I thought it would be kinda fun to have a piñata to break open to celebrate him going to Mexico. It was freezing and a huge pain to hang up, but it was funny. Chris ended up stabbing the piñata with the broom and all the candy came out.
::Feb 24th-we took Chris to the MTC. It was an interesting experience that’s for sure. We parked in a lot so we could take a couple pictures by the MTC sign. Afterwards, we drove through the gates to drop him off. There were so many missionaries standing outside along the curb with tags that said HOST. We got to our spot on the curb, got out his luggage, and his host said, “That’s it!” We gave him a quick hug and Elder Jackson was whisked away. It was weird. He was ready to go and he was really excited. He is going to be an awesome Elder and Mexico is lucky to get him for 2 years. (PS. Mom didn’t send him with a coat because it wasn’t on his list. It kinda makes sense since he is going to Mexico, but while he is in Provo for 9 weeks, he will be cooooold. The poor kid was freezing! We got him a coat and he should have gotten it this morning. Don’t you worry!)
::Feb 26th-Brent and I went to the ballet! Awhile ago, I told Brent I would love to go to a performance on campus that was on. We missed it. So, in order to make up for it, Brent took me to the ballet at the Covey Center for the Arts. It was amazing. The show wasn’t too long (which was good for Brent) but it had a great story. It was called Legend of Timpanogos. Utah Regional Ballet performed it and it was so neat. There was a love story, there were boys fighting over the girl, there were sad parts, there were happy parts, and there was beautiful dancing. I love Brent for taking me. He earned some major points.
::Brent and I have been on a few walks lately. It is so much fun! Most recently, Brent walked me to this park. However, he kinda had to use the bathroom, so we didn’t stay. Ha! We will go back however.
::Brent is busy with school work. He is doing his homework (mostly) and keeping up with classes. I am so proud of him for doing so much hard work! He is such a good boy. He is also working a LOT. Good for the bank, but sad for me.
::I am looking for a full time job for next year. I am anxiously awaiting districts to start putting jobs up. Is it too much to ask that I get a full time job? I didn’t think so. Haha!
::We are very much in love and are blessed in so many ways. I have the greatest husband on Earth and am lucky to have him.
6 comments:
Taking you to the ballet....yep....he's a keeper. Although he is the second best husband in the world. Your daddy is the very best one....but Brent is a pretty close second. Thanks again for making Chris's lastnight special. I'm glad he got to be with all of you before being whisked away.
Nope Chandra...
Tony is the best one.
So that makes Scott second and Brent third. ;)
ToOdLeS.
You and Brent make a good team. I am so thankful that he found such a wonderful woman to take care of him, love him and share eternity with. I am thankful that you found my terrific grandson so he could take care of you, love you and share eternity with you. All that makes you a good team...you put each other first. I love the way you praise him and show your love for him. And he certainly showed you that he love you by taking you to a ballet!!!! Both of you enjoy each day together...ah, sweet love.
I loved your update!!! I got a knot in my chest when you got to the part when you dropped Chris off. I have a feeling it won't be that easy for us.... 5 sisters, and 1 boy. I'm sure they'll be lots more tears. But jello and pinatas and BALLETS! I'm jealous! I love your blog. You and Brent are adorable. Good luck to Chris!! (Glad you got him a coat haha)
The Ballet?! Man, I don't know if I could ever swing that with Ty. You lucky damsel you!
hi - just stumbled upon your blog, and i really like it! :)
Post a Comment