On Monday before we left it snowed like mad. Seriously, it was insane. I was so worried that we wouldn't get home. Brent had to shovel his car out because there was huge piles on each side of his car. He is such a good boy.
Christmas eve morning we left our apartment at 5:00am so we could get to the airport. We were flying from SLC to Seattle, had a layover, and then flew from Seattle to Spokane. Our SLC flight was on time and nothing to worry about. We got to our gate in Seattle, they told us we would board in 6 minutes and then about 60 minutes later our plane showed up. They had to unload that flight, clean the plane, get us boarded, deice the plane, and finally take off. (There was snow in Seattle! It was so insane. Quite a bit too.) By the time we got to Spokane, we were way late. We went to Ted's house to visit them for a while and by the time we got on the road, it was straight ice. It was slow going and a long trip. There were people off the road and it was just insane. We finally got home and ran out to the Hirz Christmas eve party. Since out plane was late we were late to the party and the games were already done. I felt bad, but it was still fun and I think Brent had a great time. After the party we went to Jeannie's house to spend the night. Brent and I slept well since we had been up for so long and didn't get much sleep the night before.
Christmas day!!! We woke up and got ready before opening gifts. Jeannie even wanted to eat first, but I think gifts won. Christmas was quite good to us this year. I think we got everything we wanted and then some. Christmas breakfast was yummy (thanks everyone!) and it was fun to be at Jeannie's Christmas morning. Christmas afternoon we headed to my house to open more presents and eat dinner. My dad made Prime Rib (yes, it is capitalized) and it was amazing. I even took a picture of my plate. YUM. Thanks mom and pop for dinner and for Christmas. Christmas night we headed to Tri Cities to go to Mark's and have Christmas again and to spend the night. It was good to be there and I know that he was happy to see me! (He might say otherwise, but I"m sure he loved it!)
On the 26th Brent and I celebrated our very 1st anniversary. I can't believe that we have been married for a whole year. It has been the most amazing year of my whole life. I have laughed more this year than I ever have before. Brent is my very best friend and I am so thankful for him. I am going to do a post just about our anniversary, but here are a couple of pictures. We went to PF Changs (thanks for the gift card Jeannie!) and we hit up the movies with Mark and Heather.
When we came back to Moses Lake we went bowling and it was a blast! My mom had some moves. I was pretty impressed.
More to come later. My computer is dying and I need to plug it in. The more will probably be just pictures and a few words, don't you worry!
4 comments:
Of course I had moves! I would have beat the Brentsters too if you wouldn't have distracted me.
So glad you are home safe. It was so wonderful having you here!!
Now hit the books kiddos.
Come summer, we're totally hanging out. That snow is so ricky. I can't believe how much there is around your car.
South Carolina! Congrats on your 1 year anniversary! I had no idea it had already been a year! That is so awesome, it is good to hear how INCREDIBLY happy you guys are!!! And that prime rib looks so amazing and now my stomach is growling. Thank you. haha. I miss and love you sister!! ;)
Post a Comment