Wednesday, February 27, 2008
I'm FINISHED
That's right. I am finished. I finished the last things for applying to my major today. I am so EXCITED, RELIEVED, NERVOUS...the list could go on, but I am really glad that its all over. I didn't ever think that these last two weeks would end and I am so glad they are almost over. Today I had to skip my two classes to get things done, but I did it. I went to an elementary school today to observe a student with severe autism as part of my application. It was such a neat experience. To just be able to watch behavior and interactions and expressions was so neat. I wish I could be able to tell what was going on in his mind, just for a day and to be able to remember it. That might not make sense, but its something that I thought about a lot today. As this boy sat and played with his watch for 30 minutes straight, just to be able to know what he was thinking about the whole time would be truly amazing. This whole experience kind of made me wish that I was still majoring in severe Special Education instead of mild/moderate, but I'm fine with it. I think I will enjoy whatever I end up doing. (Special Education or ESL) I also realized today how great of a program Special Education is. This boys parents didn't want him to be different, so he isn't in a special education setting. I couldn't help but think how much better he would be in an environment where his behavior could be better controlled. That is also something I have been thinking about. Okay, thats all of my random, unorganized thoughts. The main point...I'M DONE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have no doubt that you'll be awesome in the special education program. It takes a very special person with an incredible amount of love to go into this field. I watched you help in special olympics and I saw the way those athletes loved you. You truly have a gift. You will be a blessing in the lives of those you teach. I'm proud of you.
Love, Mom
You will be great in this field, I don't have any doubts either. Congrats on getting it all done!!! You are amazing!!!
Post a Comment