It was mine and Brent's very first Valentines day together and I had to work. Boo for having to earn money to pay for college and other expenses. I work at Subway on campus and don't really like it at all. Too bad, shouldn't complain though. On Thursdays I usually don't get dont until 10:30 pm....a whole hour late! I was so not looking forward to it this week. How lucky though, nobody was there. It was V-day for crying out loud! Who wants to take their date to Subway at the Cougareat? I certainly hope nobody. (There was this sweet older lady there with her son though. He was treating his mom to dinner on Valentines day. How sweet. She was wearing this pink coat and I told her how much I liked it. She did this little hop and thanked me, telling me that she had to wear it so people would notice her. She was such a sweet little lady.) Anways, since nobody was there, we were able to do lots of closing chores before we actually closed. I was running around trying to get out of there on time though. And it worked! We got done at 9:26 pm....FOUR whole minutes early. I was so excited. I called Brent and he came to pick me up just like always. (I'm afraid of the dark and hate walking home alone in it.) At home, he had my favorite flowers on the table, candles, and he was making spagetti for dinner. Oh how cute.
The living room was clean, the kitchen was clean, and he was getting ready to clean
the bedroom when I called. What a fantastic husband! Brent got me pajamas for Valentines day and I made him a coupon book with a bunch of different things. He said he loved it...I will see if he really uses it. After dinner we have a few shows that we love watching together. So, of course...homework was put on hold and we watched them. Brent was in the kitchen making popcorn when I heard something shatter. He said, 'Oh no.' I came into the kitchen to see our brand new, wedding present pyrex all over the place. Brent thought he could heat the left over meatballs up on the stove so he could have one. He even said he knew it was going to happen. He felt so bad. I told him that if he hadn't brought the flowers for me, I would have been mad. Good thing my mom has about a million of them and she said we could have one! Yay for moms that have tons of everything. And yay for husbands that are so sweet and absolutly amazing!
the bedroom when I called. What a fantastic husband! Brent got me pajamas for Valentines day and I made him a coupon book with a bunch of different things. He said he loved it...I will see if he really uses it. After dinner we have a few shows that we love watching together. So, of course...homework was put on hold and we watched them. Brent was in the kitchen making popcorn when I heard something shatter. He said, 'Oh no.' I came into the kitchen to see our brand new, wedding present pyrex all over the place. Brent thought he could heat the left over meatballs up on the stove so he could have one. He even said he knew it was going to happen. He felt so bad. I told him that if he hadn't brought the flowers for me, I would have been mad. Good thing my mom has about a million of them and she said we could have one! Yay for moms that have tons of everything. And yay for husbands that are so sweet and absolutly amazing!
2 comments:
We are kindred spirits, I hate the dark too! And so sweet of Brent. I think I might still have some wedding pyrex I could send your way. That was the gift of the year we got married, we got tons!
Boo on working here too but I'm proud of you. It has to be done and sometimes people don't do it! Weird, I know. I'm glad you're a hard worker. It will pay off one day, even if it isn't at Subway, ha!
Love that you're blogging!
The flowers were beautiful. What a sweet husband you have. The first of many valentines together. You two are what love is all about. Makes mom happy to see her girl so happy and so in love. Brent is part of the family.....breaks things just like your dad. I love you both very much. I hope Brent uses those coupons and gets spoiled by his beautiful wife.
Post a Comment