Boring title, I know. But thats pretty much how my week was. Add some chaos and a lot of emotion and you have my week exactly.
(I tried to get a picture of my class schedule for the next couple of years, but it was too hard! Especially since Brent is at work and can't help me!)
I wasn't planning on applying to my major until this fall to start my program Winter 2009. That would have only put me a semester behind, and I'm not in a big hurry to graduate anyways. Where do I have to be? I'm not in a huge hurry to be a real adult. I talked to an advisor in the education building and found out....I can only apply once a year. Not every semester. The ONLY major that is like that at BYU and it has to be mine? So not even nice. So, it was too late to apply to the Special Education major with an emphasis on severe disabilities. But, they were still accepting applications for mild/moderate disabilites because not enough people applied. I really didn't feel like thats what I wanted though. It really wasn't what I thought I wanted at all actually. Then the advisor...HUGE help by the way...told me about the minor that I could get with just a few more classes. I can get a minor in ESL. How perfect is that since both me and Brent wouldn't mind going back to Moses Lake someday? If I majored in Special Education and minored in ESL I would be so well off in Moses Lake. It sounded like such a great plan. The only thing...I only had two weeks to apply. Less than one week now. I have to have everything done by next Friday. I'm getting it done, the week has just been crazy. In only had two classes yesterday, but didn't get home until after 4:00. I took some technology tests, got fingerprinted, talked to a teacher for a letter of recommendation, and went to an orientation for some major thing. I don't even know what for really. They told me I had to go, and I went. I only have two short essays to write and a paper about helping in a classroom with special needs students. I'm almost done. I can feel it! Haha.The chaos and emotion have played a big part of my week too. Chaos just because I'm trying to get everything done. School work, major application, Subway work, house work. The school work and the house work are taking a major back seat to other things. Someday I will be caught up on everything though. My emotions are all out of whack, but thats a totally different story... I am grateful for a husband that doesn't get mad too easily and that doesn't mind if I'm crazy silly one moment and then a teary mess the next. He's such a good boy! And he's the reason I'm only partly crazy, not all the way.
(See, isn't he a cutie?)
2 comments:
Yes....you are very lucky to have Brent. You think you're emotional now....wait till you're pregnant. Wowsers.
Man, why is your mom trying to scare you about pg hormones? That's not nice. Or is it her way of birth control advice, ha! And sometimes they aren't that bad. Sure you cry a lot but you're so tired you fall asleep really fast and then your husband doesn't have to hear you until morning. It's a pretty good system actually. Ask Milo.
Just hearing all this college, major, minor stuff makes my head spin. I have definitely been out of school too long. I think I would be a teary mess faster than you and I'm not sure I would come out of it!!
Good luck getting it all done. I know you will, you are one hard worker!
Post a Comment