Friday, January 7, 2011

the BFG

We are reading the BFG in class.

And today for fun we made a 19 foot BFG. Yes, 19 feet.

And it is insane looking but fabulous all at the same time.

I hung it outside in the hall like he is laying down because he is too tall to stand up!

It was so much fun to see little personalities emerge from the kids. I had the take charge kind and the kind that couldn't do anything without someone else telling them exactly what to do. I didn't give them many instructions, I just wanted to see what they would create. It was such a fun activity! I have amazing kids.

Pictures to come!

6 comments:

Jenny Robbins said...

I LOVE THAT BOOK!!!! It's amazing.

ShEiLa said...

I had no idea at first what the initials BFG were about. I have not read the book... but I bet it was HUGE fun making a 19 foot BigFriendlyGiant.

Carolyn I bet you are one of the best teachers ever.

ToOdLeS.

Deidra said...

Roald Dahl is one of my favorite authors. I read that to my class last year, but since I have some of the same students... I couldn't really do that again. Or I could...

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I'm going to have to read this. I hadn't heard of it before.

Carolyn said...

Everyone needs to read this book!!

For Christmas, I got all of Roald Dahl's books in a set! It was grand.

Teachinfourth said...

Okay, now I know why that's in the hallway! I've seen it for some time now and never quite knew where it came from.

Love Roald Dahl...

James & the Giant Peach = Awesome.