Friday, July 9, 2010

Oh, Canada!

A number of months ago, Brent was talking about how he needed a vacation. A real one. So, plans to head to Canada began. Grandma was fabulous enough to let us come and crash with her at her house. (Grandma, if you had the internet you would know I was saying
all sorts of nice things about you. But you don't. haha)Some of the things we did:

--nothing while Brent got sick (poor kid! He was sick for 3 days and I was so sad for him. But he got a blessing and started doing better.)

--built a puzzle (well, most of it...it never got finished!)

--had lots of slurpees (Canadian's sure know how to make em)

--went to the 1st of July parade in Raymond (and visited with family there, too)

--went to 3 stores to get Canadian candy (Garett, you owe us!)

--greeted my parents on Wednesday when they came (I asked ever so politely
for them to come see me)

--tried to find the Hutterite Colony (I don't think it exists)

--watched the fireworks display (and saw 2 fights while watching)

--tried to fight off man eating mosquitoes (they won...)

--did a session in the Cardston temple where my parents were sealed (it was beautiful inside)

--went to Waterton National Park (and saw a BEAR! and other animals)

--took silly pictures

--touched the glacier water at Cameron Lake (it was 42 degrees outside! Brrrr)

--saw Cameron Falls (there was so much water this year)

--took flowers to the cemetery (so Brent could meet Bogeyman and Grandma Viv)

--saw Caitlin and Kobe in Waterton and hung out with Sach (I know I am their favorite cousin...)

--and had a wonderful time.

Thanks for letting us come, Grandma! (See, if you had the internet..
.you would know of the good time we had...) Thanks for coming to join us, Dad and Mom! We had a great time away. But, it is good to be home. To the land of the free. :)

7 comments:

Chandra said...

I'm glad we got to head up and see you even if it was a short trip. Was nice to see some Raymond family on the 1st of July...have not done that in awhile. Those silly glasses pictures turned out funny. Lots of fun to see Aunt Lois tease uncle sach. Made me giggle. Had a nice trip....except for Brent teasing me with that squimal. I will get you back dear brentie.

ShEiLa said...

I knew you would be posting soon... just didn't think it would be today.

Looks like you had a ball.

ToOdLeS.

Deanna/Mimi said...

Loved the pictures! Precious memories. I love that picture of you and your dad...should make an 8x10 or a 14x16 and frame and mat it. It speaks of the father-daughter love in both of your faces. Canada is so gorgeous. Glad you got to go some place. Sorry to hear Brent got sick..that's a bummer...but hopefully all the other days were full of fun and laughter.

Nate, Brittney and Ryan said...

Looks like you guys had fun! My husband actually served his mission in the Calgary area (he served for awhile in Raymond.) He loved all your pictures and got to reminisce about his mission. We've actually been planning on making a trip up there ourselves sometime in the next few years. It's so beautiful. (And my husband used to live for Canadian Slurpees... he always talks about how they have the best flavors. I think you may have made him jealous.)

Stacie Lou said...

I love your panoramic pictures. Very awesome. Looks like you had tons of fun. Kevin tells me about Canadian slurpees all the time. We got the normal American ones today and he was telling me how awesome Canandian slurpees happen to be.

It looks like you had lots of fun. I still can't believe you saw a bear that close. And I'm proud to see that you teased your mom with a squirmal. Good. :-)

Stacie Lou said...

I love your panoramic pictures. Very awesome. Looks like you had tons of fun. Kevin tells me about Canadian slurpees all the time. We got the normal American ones today and he was telling me how awesome Canandian slurpees happen to be.

It looks like you had lots of fun. I still can't believe you saw a bear that close. And I'm proud to see that you teased your mom with a squirmal. Good. :-)

Grant Kellie said...

The panoramic shots are awesome...as is the shot of Blue Hair and the weird glasses. It reminds me of the look on her face when I started talking about the naked Lindsay Lohan crab walk.