Quite a while back, Kevin and Stacie were going to come for a visit. And it didn't end up working out. So, they came up with the brilliant plan to come for Brent's birthday weekend!! And it worked!
They got here super early Wednesday morning (we are talking like 3 am). They had crazy weird directions to get here and their trip ended up taking them an hour longer than it should have. As they were getting closer, we decided to get the bed all set up
for them so we didn't have to worry about it when they were here. As they were getting into town, Stacie texted me something to the effect of "Don't wait up, we are stopping at La Quinta by Chuck-A-Rama for the night." People, here is La Quinta---------------------and here is our house. It is really that close. I was quite confused. Brent was unbelievably sad. He said, "But I made their bed for them!" We heard a couple of car doors outside and knew they were just trying to fool us. They had arrived!! And it was glorious!
Wednesday night we went out to Skippers with the Jackson's and Kofoed's (Pres, you are almost a Kofoed...so it counts!) for Brent's birthday because he loves it so. He was so happy on his special day! I also made him a Chewbacca cake. It wasn't the greatest cake because let's face it, I am far from a professional, but it was recognizable. He opened presents, we laughed a lot, played some games, and had a fabulous time.
Thursday Stacie and I got our hair cut at the Paul Mitchell school here in Provo. Holy smokes....4 hours later, we managed to finally get home. It was pretty intense. Thursday we also celebrated Grant's birthday without him by having Doc's Pizza and leftover cake. It was sad that he wasn't near us. But, we talked to him and wished him well.
Friday was Kevin and Stacie's anniversary and we were glad they didn't hang out at our apartment that night.... We did get to hang out with Andrea and Gare and Pres though which was quite fun. (PS, I missed Andrea while she was Sister Winn.)
Saturday was spent having fun. And planning to be sad without Kevin and Stacie around. Stacie and I saw the cutest puppies ever!! Right outside of Kmart! We wanted to take them home and snuggle them, but neither of us did. Someday, Stacie, someday.
We miss those kids. A whole bunch. Brent loved having all of his friends around on his birthday. I am glad they came back! I'm still a little bit sad they ever left in the first place...
Special thanks to Kevin, Stacie, Garett, and Presley for celebrating Brent's birthday with him!! It was fabulously fun and we love you all.
5 comments:
I am glad you had a wonderful awesome birthday celebration.
How was CANADA?
Also...
what are the odds. Tony shares a b.day with Brent and Cest .n. Moe share an anniversary with Kevin .n. Stacie.
ToOdLeS.
Hooray for birthdays!!! So, when I saw the cake, I thought, "It kinda looks like Ralph from the Muppets." But I can definitely see the Chewy too! It looks like a cake I could dive right into. YUM! Happy Birthday Brent!
I was working on the Canada post when you asked. :)
Haha, muppet or chewy....he likes either one. :)
That is a beautiful cake!!!!!! I am very impressed. Sounds like you had a great time honoring Brent on his day. Everyone should be in love as you and Brent are. Your perfect together.
I'm still a lot a bit sad that we left in the first place, but it was wonderful to be with you! I'm glad we got to spend time with you two, especially for Brent's birthday. I certainly hope it makes up for the Memorial Day disappointment.
Post a Comment