Health care isn't worth it. I haven't been to the doctor in so long it's not like I am costing them anything. Ugh.
Here is the info:
BYU health care plan for graduates [month-to-month]: (I can get this for up to 9 months after graduation)
for single students: $109
for married students without maternity coverage: $603
for married students with maternity coverage: $697
There is no way I could ever afford that. How come there is such a difference between married and unmarried? What am I doing that is costing me so much more? Can someone please change this? Thanks in advance.
6 comments:
THAT IS RIDICULOUS! And I so get what you mean about the difference between married and unmarried. I can understand a LITTLE difference since married tend to have a little more cost associated with having babies.. but single people get pregnant too.. haha! I thought the same thing when I got married and saw the difference in insurance. However.. I've never seen such ridiculous prices ever.
It's the sexing...
Health insurance costs in this country are TOO HIGH all together. Premiums need to come down and insurance companies need a system of checks and balances so you don't get ripped off.
Crazy $ difference between single and married... I think Grant is right about why.
Wow! What a HUGE difference!!!! It doesn't make sense why they would make the married costs so much more. I hate health care.
HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!!!!!! That is insane. Hopefully you'll get a teaching job soon and they won't be as bad. I'm so sorry! That is such an insane price jump from single to married. Makes NO sense to me. First of all, singles are more likely to get STD's, major injuries from doing dangerous things, etc, because they don't have a family. You should be getting a huge discount because you're doing what the Lord has asked us to do, get married. TAKE THAT BYU!!!!!!!!
Welcome to the world of "life isn't fair". What they are doing is promoting people to not get married and just live together. Now God isn't going to change his mind about that!! Guess we will all have to get line with all those who get free medical care, food stamps, etc....not that anything is wrong with that...some people need help, but so many others are using the system and that is driving up health costs. When I sold Home Interiors and Gifts I did shows in people's homes. A certain ethnic group told me they purposely planned their pregnancies so they would have their babies in the United States, giving that child dual citizenship, plus free medical care...along with mom and dad and other children. They would go back to their homeland during the winter months but back again with another pregnancy and have that baby here. And everything was still free for them...but not for me. Life is not fair...but it is sure nice to be able to sleep at night and know that you were honest and had principles. I better quit...I am on my soapbox again. lol Hugs...
Post a Comment