Sunday, November 1, 2009

Yes, we are still alive.

Just so everyone knows, we are alive and well.

Both of us are extremely busy right now with school and work. We don't see each other too often...I miss my husband all of the time. But, we are both doing good things and so I keep telling myself that this is worth it.

I only have 5 weeks (Thanksgiving week doesn't count) of student teaching left. I am really loving the experiences I am having. My mentor teacher is a-ma-zing! I don't think there could have been a better fit for me. She is a party all the time. The kids I teach are hilarious. Junior high is such a fun age. I honestly can't believe that I am this close to being done. FIVE WEEKS?!?! Wow, is the world ready for Carolyn? I sure hope so...because I am running at it full speed. Now if I could just find a job....

Brent is busy with school and work. He really needs a vacation right about this time of the semester. He is getting burnt out. Classes suck, but he keeps going. He is such a trooper and hanging in like a champ. He is great at his job, even though Staples kinda sucks. I am so proud of him for doing so much for me. He is the greatest husband I could have ever asked for.

We are both blessed beyond measure. We have wonderful opportunities and awesome families. While we are busy, we do know how lucky we are. We love you all and yes, we are still alive. Don't worry!

PS, we got our plane tickets home! We will be in Moses Lake from Sunday night, December 20 to Monday morning, December 28. Hooray for going home!

5 comments:

Stacie Lou said...

I'm sorry you don't see Brent much. But the semester is almost over! And then we're going to your homeland! I can't wait!

Deanna/Mimi said...

Can hardly wait to see. Plan on coming out on Christmas Eve for our Hirz traditional night together. If you cannot make it, I understand as I know you have family here too. Glad to hear you both are doing well. As long as you have one another you can get through any storm, any setback, any problem, any burnout, etc. Love is powerful and it always wins out. Hugs to you both

Anonymous said...

Sure can't wait to have you home! Yay! You have blazed right through your student teaching and there are countless kids who will benefit from having you as their teacher. December will be here before we know it!

ShEiLa said...

The best part about this post is that you get to be home for Christmas... nothing better.

Chandra said...

I am so glad you got your tickets. I can't wait for Christmas. You will be all finished up with school and you can just relax. I can't believe you only have five weeks left of school. Congrats bug! You did it.