I hate when pregnant people complain about how much they hate being pregnant. I'm sure that they feel like that sometimes...but maybe they should be grateful that they are going to have a baby? I dunno....just an observation that I made today.
Agreed! Well said! I'm sorry you had to deal with someone that was annoying about that! I guess sometimes people forget what a blessing certain things are.
I'm SO with you on this one. It took Jon and I over three years to get pregnant and EVERY single time someone complained about being pregnant and how sick they were and blah blah blah, I wanted to throw up in their face. I hate it too. I think we should create a facebook club with that one. Every day i was pregnant I would pray and thank Heavenly Father for this blessing. Every single morning and night. And, whenever someone complains on their blog how they hate being sick and junk like that, I comment and say, "I loved being pregnant. Every single day was a blessing, and I loved heaving over the toilet. I loved craving everything just so that I had extra fat to cushion that baby." on and on and on. I'm with you girl, I've got your back. I love you! People will probably tell you that you will be the same way and complain, but I know you won't. I didn't, because we truly know that it isn't just something easy given.
Oh man! I agree wholeheartedly. I think Amy is right as well. For those of us who want this so much and haven't been privileged like others have, we recognize it as a blessing rather than a burden. I know that when I finally do become pregnant, I'm going to cherish every single tiny detail. Including the pain and anguish because I know how hard it was to get to that point. I'm not saying that I'll be all sunshine and roses, but at least things will be more appreciated.
Well I have had a really good pregnancy, but sometimes it can be pretty painful. I have complained once in a while, like most pregnant women do. I don't think that women even consider the fact that they may be offending someone. I hope that you weren't offended by any complaint you may have heard from me. :( I feel really bad, and I understand how it must make you feel. i just want you to know that I really am grateful that I have this opportunity to have a baby, I have never been more grateful for anything. And, like Amy, I give thanks to the Lord each and every day for this gift.
Wow. I wasn't meaning that everyone who complains sucks. And I wasn't meaning that if you complain you are a terrible person and that you are super ungrateful. BUT, I am saying that if I'm not close to a person, or if I don't even really know them at all, I don't want to hear from them, "I hate being pregnant. I just want to be done with this. It has been the worst months of my life. I just want it to end." I am also not saying that everything is a ball of fun while you are pregnant, but I do think it is important to think of the blessings in life and to think of the opportunities given to us. That's all.
Carolyn-You dont know me but I snoop your blog on occasion. Im Milo's cousin and Melanie has always spoke so highly of you (and her best baby sitter). This post made me sad when I read it and Ive been thinking about writing something. I do know how you feel! I have 3 kids now but it didnt come easily. After our daughter it was over 5 yrs until we had our son, he is a result of fertility drugs. I had 2 miscarriages inbetween as well. After the 2nd miscarriage I really got depressed and didnt know how I would go on. I hated hearing people talk about pregnancy at all and esp complaining. I really struggled with a member of my husbands family who was having her 4th child unmarried. I felt like I had been given the short end of the stick. All I really remember is praying for comfort to accept what was happenning. I started setting some other goals for myself in other areas of my life to help me find positive things. Its not that I was sitting in a corner crying all day but I wasnt myself and did feel chronically sad. One day I just felt it would be ok, and it is now. Our little boys are 22 mos apart and how the 2nd one came so quickly only the Lord knows. I cant imagine my family another way now. I cant say I never complained about my pregnancies but I definetly didnt take them for granted either, and I think there are people who do. I know when you wrote this all you needed was people to say they understand and you deserve that. Im sure you just needed to vent. I think you can vent away, no one knows how it feels unless they have been there. Im sure the Lord has great blessings in store for you and your husband. Hang in there and I hope its ok I wrote this. Anna
Carolyn- it's really hard to go through the emotional roller coaster of becoming a mother. Whatever side we're on... the Lord is always on our sides. :)
12 comments:
Agreed! Well said! I'm sorry you had to deal with someone that was annoying about that! I guess sometimes people forget what a blessing certain things are.
I'm SO with you on this one. It took Jon and I over three years to get pregnant and EVERY single time someone complained about being pregnant and how sick they were and blah blah blah, I wanted to throw up in their face. I hate it too. I think we should create a facebook club with that one. Every day i was pregnant I would pray and thank Heavenly Father for this blessing. Every single morning and night. And, whenever someone complains on their blog how they hate being sick and junk like that, I comment and say, "I loved being pregnant. Every single day was a blessing, and I loved heaving over the toilet. I loved craving everything just so that I had extra fat to cushion that baby." on and on and on. I'm with you girl, I've got your back. I love you! People will probably tell you that you will be the same way and complain, but I know you won't. I didn't, because we truly know that it isn't just something easy given.
Oh man! I agree wholeheartedly. I think Amy is right as well. For those of us who want this so much and haven't been privileged like others have, we recognize it as a blessing rather than a burden. I know that when I finally do become pregnant, I'm going to cherish every single tiny detail. Including the pain and anguish because I know how hard it was to get to that point. I'm not saying that I'll be all sunshine and roses, but at least things will be more appreciated.
Forgive them for they know not what they do.
Your day of joy for the desire of your heart will come when you least expect it.
Yep.
Some people need to be careful about whining too loudly... just to be a little bit thoughtful of others.
ToOdLeS.
My boss said he wants to hug you
Thanks for forgiving ME:D
Well I have had a really good pregnancy, but sometimes it can be pretty painful. I have complained once in a while, like most pregnant women do. I don't think that women even consider the fact that they may be offending someone. I hope that you weren't offended by any complaint you may have heard from me. :( I feel really bad, and I understand how it must make you feel. i just want you to know that I really am grateful that I have this opportunity to have a baby, I have never been more grateful for anything. And, like Amy, I give thanks to the Lord each and every day for this gift.
Wow. I wasn't meaning that everyone who complains sucks. And I wasn't meaning that if you complain you are a terrible person and that you are super ungrateful. BUT, I am saying that if I'm not close to a person, or if I don't even really know them at all, I don't want to hear from them, "I hate being pregnant. I just want to be done with this. It has been the worst months of my life. I just want it to end." I am also not saying that everything is a ball of fun while you are pregnant, but I do think it is important to think of the blessings in life and to think of the opportunities given to us. That's all.
Carolyn-You dont know me but I snoop your blog on occasion. Im Milo's cousin and Melanie has always spoke so highly of you (and her best baby sitter).
This post made me sad when I read it and Ive been thinking about writing something.
I do know how you feel! I have 3 kids now but it didnt come easily. After our daughter it was over 5 yrs until we had our son, he is a result of fertility drugs. I had 2 miscarriages inbetween as well. After the 2nd miscarriage I really got depressed and didnt know how I would go on. I hated hearing people talk about pregnancy at all and esp complaining. I really struggled with a member of my husbands family who was having her 4th child unmarried. I felt like I had been given the short end of the stick. All I really remember is praying for comfort to accept what was happenning. I started setting some other goals for myself in other areas of my life to help me find positive things. Its not that I was sitting in a corner crying all day but I wasnt myself and did feel chronically sad. One day I just felt it would be ok, and it is now. Our little boys are 22 mos apart and how the
2nd one came so quickly only the Lord knows. I cant imagine my family another way now. I cant say I never complained about my pregnancies but I definetly didnt take them for granted either, and I think there are people who do.
I know when you wrote this all you needed was people to say they understand and you deserve that. Im sure you just needed to vent. I think you can vent away, no one knows how it feels unless they have been there.
Im sure the Lord has great blessings in store for you and your husband.
Hang in there and I hope its ok I wrote this.
Anna
Carolyn- it's really hard to go through the emotional roller coaster of becoming a mother. Whatever side we're on... the Lord is always on our sides. :)
Stay positive young lady!!!
Post a Comment