Monday, November 9, 2009

I can already tell....

This is my blog, so I get to blog about things I want too. Feel free to skip this one....

....that this is going to be a long, hard week for many reasons.

There are the little things that will make this week seem long....the school work that I have to get done, my BYU supervisor coming to observe me (again), the lack of restful sleep I have been getting...but there will also be the bigger, more emotional things to make this week long.

I can't believe that this is the week I should be going to the hospital, having a beautiful Hirz baby. Has it already been that long? Sometimes I'm still so emotional over the whole thing that it doesn't seem possible. Was I really in the doctor's office about 6 months ago hearing heartbreaking news? How can it have been so long ago, but still seem so current and hurt so much? I hate crying to Brent because it just makes him sad too. But, he always makes me feel better, no matter what. I stand by the fact that I have the most amazing husband in the whole world and that with him, there is a bright side to everything. The good thing is that I am so busy at school I don't have time to think too much about it. The bad thing, I have time once I'm in bed for the night trying to fall asleep.

I'll get through this week. And I'll get through the next. And I'll even get through the one after that. This week will just be a long one to handle. However, I am extremely blessed. And I am grateful for that.

9 comments:

Chandra said...

I love you and Brent so much. I think I am going to sit down and write my girl an email.

Jon and Amy Duvall said...

I love you, always have, I've always loved Brent too. You are amazing people and are perfect for each other. You both have a special place in my heart. You can do this. And, you're right, it's your blog, you can go blog wild and blog about whatever you want, and I will probably still read it, even if you say to skip it... it makes me want to read it more :)

Grant Haws said...

Oh Senorita...I love ya..If you aren't sleeping we should go play in the middle of the night...

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh Carolyn, I'm sorry your week is a different one than what you had hoped. I'll be thinking of you all week. You're right, you will be fine, but it still hurts getting to fine.

Ty Robbins said...

Oh girl! I know how you feel. I've had a very similar experience. It's not the same, but close. Night time is always the hardest part of the day when there's to preoccupy yourself. Ty has definitely been the best comfort in all of it. I think that husbands would rather know what's going on than pretending to ignore it while watching us be upset. I love you girl! I'll be thinking of you this week.

Deanna/Mimi said...

My Dearest Angel Carolyn...my heart aches for you and Brent, but especially for you. Please know that I understand and I will be praying for you with all my heart Life gives us bumpy roads sometimes so we can hang on to God and trust in Him. I love you.

ShEiLa said...

My heart is hurting for you.

Losing a baby is so hard... no matter what stage.

ToOdLeS.

The Graham Family! said...

I'm so sorry!! I can't imagine what you're going through. Cling to Brent and you'll be ok. You have been blessed with a wonderful husband who will carry you thru these trials. Let him comfort you and let him cry with you. You can't be alone in this and even though you worry about making him sad too.. maybe he's holding it in and feeling the same way. Husbands are such a blessing and help us to stay strong. Wish there was something I could do to make you feel better. Hang in there!

Lyle and Mary: said...

Thanks for being so open and sharing your feelings.
Your in my thoughts and prayers.
Hang in there.