Monday, August 17, 2009
a few cooking adventures
First, the Dominguez's came over the other week for dinner. For dessert, we had angle food cake with strawberries and whip cream. I made a different face for everyone. Brandi's was this cute little smiley face. Felipe had a smile with hair. Brent had a dead person. I don't remember what mine was though. They were all pretty cute.
Yesterday for dinner, I wanted to try something different. So, I crushed some ritz crackers, added some flour, spices, and parmesean cheese, dipped my chicken in and baked. Might I say, it was quite delightful. I am quite good at making random things. I served it to Brent over chicken flavored rice. Mmm.
And, tonight, I found out that I am a terrible pancake flipper. Terrible. These are my best ones and they aren't that great. I think I will get better though. These were quick to make and tasty with strawberries. "The strawberries and whip cream sure improve the taste of these pancakes." -Grandma Viv
There you have it folks. I am a pretty fantastic cook. I look forward to the days of no school so I can cook a nice meal every night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Nice cooking Carolyn.
I have always loved the things that came out of G.ma Viv's mouth... from 'holy shit handles' in a car...to when she said... 'if you are gonna eat a rice cake... you might as well just cut yourself off a chunk of cardboard.'
Ditto to the strawberries and whip cream on pancakes.
ToOdLeS.
That chicken looks yummy. When I come to Utah next month you need to make me some.
I'm horrible at flipping pancakes. It's been decided in our home, Ty does the pancakes and I do the waffles....cuz they're more crispy.
yum remember the mexican food we just had
I sure do, Hil. That little taco truck was oh so delightful.
Post a Comment