One thing I am grateful for is wonderful teachers that I have had. (Fitting, right?) I guess I have never really thought about how blessed I was growing up when it came to the teacher department. I could probably count the number of teachers I have had that I didn't like on one hand. And the huge number of amazing teachers totally makes up for that handful. I guess a huge part of me wanting to go into education is the fact that I have had such wonderful examples. Yesterday in one of my classes, we were having a huge discussion and I wasn't budging in my opinion on a topic. This girl said, "Wow, you must have had some really great teachers then cause nobody else thinks like that." And, it is so true. If I could go back and thank each one of them individually, I would in a heart beat. My teachers helped me to achieve great things. (At least, I think I turned out pretty great. Ha!) If my teachers now could just teach me to be like them, I will be an a-okay teacher.This is making me feel better already...who knew? Since today was a really bad day, I am going to do one more. I am so very grateful for my dad. He is one of a kind, really. I don't know what I did in Heaven to be given such a great dad, but I'm sure glad I did it. I used to say that I wanted to be just like my dad. I wanted to be an OR nurse and do everything just like him. And he was so excited. The day I decided that I thought education would be more the route for me, I was so afraid to disappoint my dad. But, guess what? He wasn't upset at all. He was so excited for me and told me that I would be great. And I believed him. My dad has always believe in me, more than I have believed in myself I think. I'm thankful that he has faith in me when I don't always have that. He always tells me, "Just keep going Bug. You can do it, I know you can." They are the greatest words of advice. Thanks Pop. I sure love you.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
I'll give it a shot
School has really been getting me down lately. I feel like it has been a waste of time, money and a whole lot of effort. I don't feel like I am learning nearly as much as I should be/would like to be. I am putting in the effort, I really am. I promise. I just don't feel like I am reaping the benefits like I should be. It is really frustrating to me as a student who really tries to learn and to be attentive. However, all of this negative attitude has got me thinking. I feel like I need to try to get out of this 'slump' for lack of a better word. So, in order to do that I am going to write some things I am thankful for. I am going to try to do this regularly. I think if I can just remember all of the things I have to be grateful for, then maybe the bad things won't seem so bad. At least that is what they used to teach me in Young Womens. I might as well give it a shot right?
One thing I am grateful for is wonderful teachers that I have had. (Fitting, right?) I guess I have never really thought about how blessed I was growing up when it came to the teacher department. I could probably count the number of teachers I have had that I didn't like on one hand. And the huge number of amazing teachers totally makes up for that handful. I guess a huge part of me wanting to go into education is the fact that I have had such wonderful examples. Yesterday in one of my classes, we were having a huge discussion and I wasn't budging in my opinion on a topic. This girl said, "Wow, you must have had some really great teachers then cause nobody else thinks like that." And, it is so true. If I could go back and thank each one of them individually, I would in a heart beat. My teachers helped me to achieve great things. (At least, I think I turned out pretty great. Ha!) If my teachers now could just teach me to be like them, I will be an a-okay teacher.This is making me feel better already...who knew? Since today was a really bad day, I am going to do one more. I am so very grateful for my dad. He is one of a kind, really. I don't know what I did in Heaven to be given such a great dad, but I'm sure glad I did it. I used to say that I wanted to be just like my dad. I wanted to be an OR nurse and do everything just like him. And he was so excited. The day I decided that I thought education would be more the route for me, I was so afraid to disappoint my dad. But, guess what? He wasn't upset at all. He was so excited for me and told me that I would be great. And I believed him. My dad has always believe in me, more than I have believed in myself I think. I'm thankful that he has faith in me when I don't always have that. He always tells me, "Just keep going Bug. You can do it, I know you can." They are the greatest words of advice. Thanks Pop. I sure love you.
One thing I am grateful for is wonderful teachers that I have had. (Fitting, right?) I guess I have never really thought about how blessed I was growing up when it came to the teacher department. I could probably count the number of teachers I have had that I didn't like on one hand. And the huge number of amazing teachers totally makes up for that handful. I guess a huge part of me wanting to go into education is the fact that I have had such wonderful examples. Yesterday in one of my classes, we were having a huge discussion and I wasn't budging in my opinion on a topic. This girl said, "Wow, you must have had some really great teachers then cause nobody else thinks like that." And, it is so true. If I could go back and thank each one of them individually, I would in a heart beat. My teachers helped me to achieve great things. (At least, I think I turned out pretty great. Ha!) If my teachers now could just teach me to be like them, I will be an a-okay teacher.This is making me feel better already...who knew? Since today was a really bad day, I am going to do one more. I am so very grateful for my dad. He is one of a kind, really. I don't know what I did in Heaven to be given such a great dad, but I'm sure glad I did it. I used to say that I wanted to be just like my dad. I wanted to be an OR nurse and do everything just like him. And he was so excited. The day I decided that I thought education would be more the route for me, I was so afraid to disappoint my dad. But, guess what? He wasn't upset at all. He was so excited for me and told me that I would be great. And I believed him. My dad has always believe in me, more than I have believed in myself I think. I'm thankful that he has faith in me when I don't always have that. He always tells me, "Just keep going Bug. You can do it, I know you can." They are the greatest words of advice. Thanks Pop. I sure love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This was a tender post. Good luck with school.
This is a brilliant idea, Carolyn. Remembering the things we're grateful for has a magical property, it really does.
I think this is a great idea. Maybe I will post things once a week that I'm grateful for. It really does help to sit back and look at all the blessings we have.
Post a Comment