Saturday, November 22, 2008

I miss her

I miss Grandma Jackson. She was the greatest lady in the entire world. I miss her stories, I miss her popcorn, I miss her dresses she wore every day, I miss her sweeping the floor, I miss her smell, I miss her smile, I miss her birthday cards, I miss her arm scratches, I miss her rolls, I miss her birthday cakes, I miss her snap dragon flowers, I miss her.

6 comments:

Chandra said...

I miss her every day. She wasn't just my mother in law. She was my very good friend.

Leslie said...

Me too! I miss her smell!! Definitely NOT the same with out her. I remember coming home from summer vacations at grandma's and never wanting to wash my clothes because they would loose "grandma's house" smell. I once brought a hankie to leave out at her house for a week....yeah, it eventually wore off:(

The Jackson Clan said...

She was amasing. I miss her too but I bet you knew her so much better than I did. You got birthday card from her!!!

The Jackson Clan said...

Read my blog. You have been tagged. Keep it up. It was hard to list only 7.

Carolyn said...

Oh Leslie, I love the smell of grandma's house too. You remember that pickle pillow? The green one that is small and round? Well, grandpa gave it to me in August and it still has that smell. Probably because it was there for so many years. But, it is amazing and I so know what you are talking about. I wonder how she did it?

Carolyn said...

It was in November. Wow, it was a year ago and it still has that amazing smell.