Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Good Humor


These GIANT cones are huge. Seriously. Brent and I were at Big Lots! today doing some Christmas shopping and when we were waiting in line he asked me if I wanted a treat. Of course I did! What kid doesn't want a treat at the store? So, we both got these king cones that they had. Well, I couldn't wait to eat mine so as soon as we were in the car, I tore it open. It was so messy. I was getting chocolate everywhere. But, boy, was it delightful. I swear to you I didn't touch the thing when the bottom broke off. What?! Brent told me I had better eat it quick. I could tell that the ice cream was melting so I kind of turned it a little so I could lick the bottom when it happened. The top of the cone fell off. Into my lap! Oh my gosh, I almost started to cry. I so know what a little kid feels like when they loose their ice cream cone. I didn't want to let that ruin my cone though, so I picked it up and ate it with my fingers. They were so cold! Brent laughed and mocked me the whole way home. My mom laughed at me too. They don't even know what it feels like. Poor poor me.

6 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh, I do love Good Humor....and your posts.

The Jackson Clan said...

Yum... She was a great woman and mine was boring and yours was detailed.

Kevin Jackson said...

One time that happened to me with a banana. I was so flippin' excited to eat that banana that when it broke off I was heartbroken.

Stacie Lou said...

Oh no! What an adventure with an ice cream cone. Look at this way- it's food and entertainment all in one!

The Jackson Clan said...

Christmas is great

Sylvia Marie said...

HAHAHA~!!!! I love you. I am so sorry that you had to experience this tragic moment. But I'm am very proud of you for making it through. :)
You crack me up South Carolina. This just sounds like something you...or even I...would do!!
XOXOyour sistah.