Monday, October 27, 2008

I have a lot on my plate

And I just can't seem to eat it all. It seems that all of my classes are just getting to be crazy busy with readings, study guides, projects, assignments, practicums...the list could go on and on and on. I just seem to be getting swamped. I feel that I just am losing my go-get-it attitude for school lately. I really think that Thanksgiving break needs to come. Right. Now. Here are just a few of the things that are on my list of things to do. It is going to be in a list of what I have to do for my classes, because that seems like what is the most pressing thing in my life. (And, should that really be so?) Just a warning, this isn't going to be too exciting. But, since this is for my own records, I suppose someday I will want to remember this 'relaxing' time in my life. Ha!
-My ELANG class we were supposed to have a test a couple of weeks ago. However, we haven't covered all of the material yet so our test has been pushed back until next Monday. It is during class, so I don't have to plan extra outside of class time, which is very nice. I have a huge assignment due on Wednesday and on Tuesday I am getting together with my friend Becca from class to work on that. I have tons of reading to do before that test and we just keep getting more and more infomation. It feels that it is just getting pushed down my throat and I just have to get it. But, do I really?
-Monday night I have a CPSE class. (Counseling Psychology and Special Education) It is all about Applied Behavior Analysis and there is a whole bunch of work for it. The study guides are seriously a big beast. They are so intense and I don't even understand everything. We are also doing a project where I am observing a student. I have to do a bunch of work with them. I am also going to have to go back to the school so I can get some baseline data of his behavior before my intervention. This little boy is off task all the time and I am going to have to try to do something to get him on task. Man, its crazy.
-My Tuesday class is the only class that I don't have homework in. It is my technology class and I am so so glad I don't have homework! It is crazy nice.
-Wednesday is my assessment class. And it kind of drives me crazy. I'm not really sure why, but it does. I think I juse tell like I have been doing the same thing in that class over and over. It isn't super hard or anything, it is just annoying.
-Thursday I have two classes and they go from 4:00-9:30 pm! I can not sit still for that long. Seriously. My first class is something about effective teaching strategies. I feel like I keep getting more and more confused in that class. I think I have it all together, and then things just fall apart. We are working on Direct Instruction lessons right now. They are lesson plans that have a script basically. I have to write exactly what I will say, when I will say it and I have to do it like 3 times for one lesson. It is just so much work that is so monotonous. It just feels so boring to do that homework. I like what I am learning, it just seems boring so I don't want to do it. My other class on Thursday is for my ESL minor. I don't think that class would be nearly as bad if it wasn't so darn late. By 7 when it starts, I just want to be home. In pjs. Watching The Office. There is a lot of work for that class and a lot of work that seems to be common sense.

On top of all this school work, we are stressed out about where we are financially because our hours are getting cut back so much. We don't have enough to pay rent and to get food. So it either has to be one or the other. Thank heaven for moms and dads! Thanks mom and dad for helping us out. We appreciate it more than we can say! Love you!

Now after complaining about life for that little rant, I can't say that I am not extremely blessed. And I can't say that I don't love life. The Lord is truly watching out for us. I do know that. He won't make me suffer more than I am capable of. Right now I feel that I must be capable of a whole lot. I know things will work out for us. We will make it through. I mean, how many college married students go through their lives without a little struggle financially? I love the things I am learning, really. I am juse getting a little bit weary of all the hard work. It will pay off. It will pay off. It will pay off. (I just keep telling myself that!) We really are blessed.

On a happier note, we hung these up a long time ago. I love how our wall looks! It looks pretty cute don't you think? Yeah yeah...ignore that ugly vent thing in the corner of the picture. Don't judge me! :) Now you can all love our apartment. Without seeing all the ugly parts of it. Ha!

7 comments:

The Jackson Clan said...

You dont expect me to read all of that right!!!! Jk Jk you know I am always askin bout ur life. Know i know thank u for that. So rory gets home on the 6th on nov, at like 9:08 or somthin like that at that the SLC airport. Exciting right. I just cant hold my excitment in. I sent an email to all my contacts with all that good info on it and then told them to go to my blog. It was way funny. I havent goten any emails back though.

Leslie said...

WOW - it's a crazy busy beautiful life! What are you doing for Thanksgiving break...which will be here before you know it? Married college life can be pretty crazy with classes and finances and stuff but it's seriously some of the best days you'll have so enjoy the craziness. Oh BTW I didn't win the pretty quilt so you must have and I'm coming over to cuddle up under it!

Leslie said...

WOW - it's a crazy busy beautiful life! What are you doing for Thanksgiving break...which will be here before you know it? Married college life can be pretty crazy with classes and finances and stuff but it's seriously some of the best days you'll have so enjoy the craziness. Oh BTW I didn't win the pretty quilt so you must have and I'm coming over to cuddle up under it!

Chandra said...

You are welcome. Hope you get some good food. We love you. Hang in there. I know that school can be crazy....but it is worth it. Hopefully things will pick up at work. Afterall, it is ALMOST CHRISTMAS!!!

The Jackson Clan said...

Hey i love reading ur blog it brings me joy know that I know whats going on with u and having just see you once a year.U should come. I hope u have a good tgb if not your only an hour away. I am sure we could feed:) Well I am sick so i am really week and its hard to write so i will talk to you later.

Anonymous said...

Yes, IT WILL ALL BE WORTH IT...
You are 2 amazing people working so hard and I'm so proud of you! Just keep looking a the bright side. Hang in there kiddos. Love you!

Stacie Lou said...

You can do it! I believe in you!