So, I had the most exciting thing happen to me. I was checking people out at work and all of the sudden...it just happened. Here are a few clues before I tell you what it was that happened exactly.
-Some are worth over 20,000 big ones.
-It usually has a person's name on it.
-It usually has a logo and year on it.
-It is often times covered in diamonds.
-Winners and losers receive this award.
-And, the clue that should give it away....
......It is received for making it to the SUPER BOWL!
Okay, I held a superbowl ring. And it was so heavy. I really don't understand how someone could carry it around on their finger all day. So, here is the story. I was checking this man out when I saw his ring. I told him how neat it was and he just took it right off and handed it to me. I was looking at it and it was covered in diamonds and weighed so much! He then told me how it was a Super Bowl ring and it was his sons. His son played in the Superbowl two years ago for the Chicago Bears. Gabe Reid, #82, Tight End, and he played for BYU! Isn't that just the coolest thing? Not only was he in the Superbowl, but he played for my college!

I kept talking about this experience all night. I think Brent was kind of getting a little big sick of hearing about this exciting experience. Also, Gabe has a very, very nice dad. He was so proud of his son and so happy to tell me all about the ring. Hooray for me! And football! (Even though I have no idea what it is about....)
3 comments:
Very cool!!
Oh gee, I think now that means you're famous since you touched the ring that was on the hand of someone who was related to someone famous!
Oh I think I am famous too! That is just so exciting!!!
Post a Comment