Saturday, October 27, 2012

Nine Months

I cannot believe it. Claire has been outside of my belly longer than she was inside. That is insane to me. She is getting SO big.

At nine months, Claire:

::dances to music. It is absolutely adorable. She will be sitting on the floor and music from her singing bug will start playing. She will start bouncing up and down and will smile a big smile. She has a pretty good beat for a baby.

::got a car seat upgrade. She was extremely heavy to carry in her carry car seat and so we got her a convertible one that will grow with her until 100 pounds. She looks SO much more comfortable in this bigger car seat.


::went to her first BYU football game. We went to the McKay School Alumni lunch before the Homecoming game and then took her to the football game. She did great and was super happy. She made lots of friends with the people around us because everyone thinks she is stinking cute.


::can army crawl! I was getting really nervous that Claire wasn't crawling yet. It is hard to not play the compare game when there were so many babies born right around the same time as Claire, but Brent kept saying Claire would crawl in her own time. One night, I was eating a cookie and she just started army crawling to it! It was so funny. She will crawl to electronics, cookies, and ice cream mostly, she rarely crawls to her toys.


::will crawl over to the XBox and turn it on. She is just like her daddy.

::is getting more and more teeth. She has two on the bottom and two on the top. They make her look really old!


::does this hilarious thing where she will point at things with her pointer finger. She points at everything!

::loves solids. She has a new favorite : oatmeal with peaches. She has a fine palate, this kid does.

::waves! She does this funny wave thing with her entire arm when people wave to her. She doesn't do it every time, but she will do it often.


::gets lots of compliments on how adorable she is whenever we go out. People always comment on how happy she is.

::has longer hair that lays down more than before. It doesn't seem quite as fluffy. I do miss that fluffy, see through hair.

::jabbers all of the time. Yesterday she said "oh baby" and I was so excited! I know she didn't actually mean it, but she still said it! She is a genius.

::had her first babysitter. (Well, she was a week older than her 9 month birthday, but I'm adding it here so I don't forget next month.) Mom and Dad went out for a few hours last night alone. It was very strange driving somewhere with Brent but without Claire and I actually felt sick to my stomach leading up to leaving her with a babysitter but she did great! Morgan was so nice to come over and stay late to watch Claire and Claire loved it. Mom and Claire both survived.


Dear Claire,
I love you.
I sometimes wonder what the world is going to be like when you are a teenager or when you are getting ready to get married. I hope that you will make good choices and be an example to others.
I saw a quote today that I loved. "I never dreamed about success. I worked for it." Work for success, Sweetie. If you want something, go out and get it.
Be happy with the choices that you make and the things you will accomplish. I love you.
Love,
Mom

3 comments:

Chandra said...

Oh sweet Claire. You are so beautiful. Your smile lights up a room. I sure love being your grandma. Grandpa and I laugh that you only crawl for food and electronics. You are your daddy's girl for sure. You are getting so big. I can't wait to give you hugs. Love, Grandma

A Real Winner said...

I love reading your blogs about Claire! I want to come visit. You guys are so much fun so I'm totally not surprised that Claire is so cute!!!

Nate, Brittney and Ryan said...

She is so precious, Carolyn! You know how there are those kids that just have something special about them? I can't really explain it, other than that... like they are destined for greatness... I've never even seen Claire in person, but I can still tell she's one. :)