That's a pretty dumb thing to do.
But the other kids said, "Hey, John's real cool.
Let's put beans up our noses, too!"
Well, a kid can't breathe with beans up his nose
'Cause they get all stuck inside.
So John and the kids, well, I hate to say it,
But they coughed and they choked and they died.
That's a pretty grim tale, I must admit,
And it may not all be true,
Still when somebody cool does something dumb
You don't have to do it, too.
So don't be one of those
With jellybeans up your nose.
(I don't know where this came from, but Karmel's kid had it in her homework packet.)
I read this to my students today. They really understood not to copy the dumb things that cool kids do.
D "Like, if I started beating up C and all of you joined me."
Mrs. Hirz "Yeah, because you are so cool we would totally want to be just like you and do everything you are doing. We would so want to beat up C if you were."
C "Hey, why are you all beating me up? That would be a chart drop for everyone."
It was awesome.
D "Like, if I started beating up C and all of you joined me."
Mrs. Hirz "Yeah, because you are so cool we would totally want to be just like you and do everything you are doing. We would so want to beat up C if you were."
C "Hey, why are you all beating me up? That would be a chart drop for everyone."
It was awesome.
2 comments:
I always enjoy what you have to say. Love this little story. Every time I see Jelly Beans now I will think of it. How are you feeling? I hope great. I am sure it is hard to work and adjust to a growing tummy. How is my first great grandchild? I am so excited. I look forward to January 2012. Tell Brent hi...I love you both. Mimi
Love the jelly bean message. Chris would have stuck them up his nose if tyler did....haha. A good message for all of us.
Post a Comment