Sunday, August 1, 2010

God Speed the Right

Now to heav'n our prayer ascending, God speed the right;
In a noble cause contending, God speed the right.
Be our zeal in heav'n recorded, With success on earth rewarded.
God speed the right. God speed the right.

Be that prayer again repeated, God speed the right;
Ne'er despairing, though defeated, God speed the right.
Like the great and good in story, If we fail we fail with glory.
God speed the right. God speed the right.

Patient, firm, and persevering, God speed the right;
No event nor danger fearing, God speed the right.
Pains, nor toils, nor trials heeding, And in heav'n's good time succeeding,
God speed the right. God speed the right.

6 comments:

Kevin Jackson said...

Like seminary my senior year!

ShEiLa said...

I know there is probably a story about you behind this hymn sharing today... maybe you will feel like sharing it sometime.

ToOdLeS.

Deidra said...

Remember how I played this almost every time in seminary? hahahaha I'd like to say I've gotten better...

Stacie Lou said...

This song is so fun to play on the piano. It's like the easiest of them all, so long as you get the "God Speed the Right" part.

Also, the seminary song we played every day was "Be Still, My Soul." I like it, but I got pretty sick of it.

Cassidy said...

I just wanted to tell you that I love you. :) And although I don't know exactly what inspired this post, if it is about the boat, don't worry. You'll get your boat someday.

So, I love you. And you're amazing. :)

Carolyn said...

Cassidy, it was about the boat. :) I know I will get it someday....someday just seems so strange. Thanks!