She is just 7 years old and has schizophrenia. She was on Oprah yesterday (along with her parents and baby brother). I cried as I watched this episode. I'm not an emotional person, but it really got to me. (Spend the hour and watch it. You will cry too.) I can't believe the love that these parents show for their daughter, going to the ends of the earth to make her life happy and trying to get her to see that "our world" is a happy world to live in. I can't even imagine the struggles that Jani faces every moment trying to control her thoughts.It got me thinking--things like this just don't seem fair. Why do children have to suffer like this? Why are these parents going through so much pain? This just breaks my heart and I don't understand.
Click here to go to her website, Jani's Journey. Click over to her father's blog and read the About Me section.
4 comments:
I don't usually watch Oprah, but I totally watched this one yesterday. I thought it was sad how she and her brother have to live in separate apartments. And yes, it is heartbreaking that children should have to suffer illnesses like this. Her parents said she seemed bothered even as a baby! I can't imagine what it would be like to watch your own child go through something like this.
It hurts me to watch kids suffer.
G.ma Carol and I missed Oprah yesterday... darn-it.
ToOdLeS.
That really is sad. :( It is also sad that your fishy died. I always enjoy your blog, you are such a good writer! :) Love you sistah!
You are such a good and caring person. You feel with your heart, which is so full of love for all. I know things seem unfair at times, but I certainly see this little child at the feet of our Savior and she is looking at Him with comlete understanding and love. His hand is at the top of her head and he is blessing her with peace, love and contentment. He loves the little ones. All will be well sweet granddaughter.
Post a Comment