Thursday, October 8, 2009

math is a really cool thing

One of the 8th Graders sang a song today while he was diligently doing his assignment. It was so hilarious that I had to get up and walk away before I exploded from laughter.

Math is a really cool thing.
Math is a wonderful thing.
So get off your ACT and do some math....

I'm guessing he got it from School of Rock. Who really knows though.

Read

Math Is A Wonderful Thing Lyrics

here.


Oh my, it was amazing. He also said, "I really like being me today." Well good...keep it up, bud. Today, we really liked you being you, too.

4 comments:

Chandra said...

I can just picture you trying hard to contain your laughter. I bet those junior high kids just adore you. You are in the right field of study Carolyn. You have such an incredible gift and I'm glad you are sharing it with others.

ShEiLa said...

I would have had to walk away as well... When I watch Jack Black... I think of Celestial's Elijah... he is funny just like him.

ToOdLeS.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

"I really liked being me today"--that is the sweetest thing. If he's like the rest of humanity somedays it's not so fun being you.

Glad you're teaching Carolyn. Glad you're teaching.

Jon and Amy Duvall said...

I love Jack Black... and even more, I love his movies. This is a classic, loved by especially ME and I quote it all the time. Oh... how I love this movie... I'm going to watch it RIGHT NOW, right after Nacho Libre. You're going to be an UH-MAZ-ING teacher you are!