Grandpa and Grandma will hug like crazy. Grandpa has been missing Grandma so much.
Grandpa will then scold Grandma for leaving him so long ago. He always told me that she was going to get into big trouble when he saw her again.
There will, of course, be more hugging.
Then Grandma will tell Grandpa to take off his shoes because she has had their mansion clean the whole time she's been in Heaven.
I imagine Grandpa will go find a huge, Heavenly mud puddle to walk through and then to stomp his way into the Heavenly kitchen.
Then, the sweeping will begin. And I know that secretly, Grandma has been missing cleaning up after Grandpa.
This glorious reunion makes the pain a little more bearable. I kept Brent up for an hour this morning after Dad called me to tell him stories about how wonderful Grandpa was and how many fun memories I had with him. My childhood was wonderful in large part to Grandparents like him. Memories for my own safe keeping to come later.
8 comments:
I just heard Caroline, and I'm very sorry, it's still sad no matter how expected it may be, I'm glad you have so many memories, and I can't wait to here about them!
Grandparents are so tender. Your grandparents in particular. I hardly knew your grandpa, but even in that time it was easy to tell that he was a funny, delightful, wonderful man. And he sure did help to raise some wonderful grandchildren. I'm sorry that he is gone but I'm so happy that he was a part of your lives, because I think you and Kevin and Chris are wonderful and I know he had a part in that.
I am so sorry dear Carolyn.
It seems like you are a tenderheart bear... even though I do not know you well.
but I wanted to say I am so sorry.
I like how you wrote down how you imagined the reunion... so sweet and tender.
ToOdLeS.
I imagine him running around with Tootsie Rolls. The kids up there have been waiting a long time. :)
Love this post. I'm so glad you wrote it and any others you write will be very cherished down the road. Love ya.
Caroline your Grandpa was like a Grandpa to so many. I'm sorry that he is gone. He will be greatly missed. He was my Moses Lake Grandpa. I was one of his million sweethearts. I'm so glad that he gets to be with his true sweetheart again.
I think that is exactly how the reunion went. I bet today he already has grandma cooking up some fish he just caught. Bet they have some big ones in heaven. I'm so happy that he lived so long so that you kids had so many experiences with him. Living right next door gave you a chance to spend some quality time together.
This made my cry but it was very beautiful. I came over from Take Out Photo to see your color explosion picture. I am so sorry for the loss of your Grandfather but I am so thankful he is in Heaven.
Post a Comment