Thursday, May 29, 2008

Grandma came to see me!!

Or she was just passing through, one of the two. I like the one where I pretend that she came to see me best though. Either way, it was a really fun weekend with her here. She got here Friday afternoon and Kevin and Stacie picked up this delightful Mexican food from a gas station. And, it was such cheap food too! Friday night Andrea and Garett came over to play games and have a party for Grandma. Andrea made these yummy yummy cookies for us. I still need to get that recipe from her. Go ahead and give it to me anytime Andrea. I won't mind!! Grandma played the Wii with us and it was quite fun, but it hurt her shoulder. So, we convinced grandma to play guitar hero with Andrea and boy, was she good. (Or not...I will never tell!) She did pose for some really good photo opps though!


I love this picture with Grandma's tongue sticking out! It is so funny.


Brent thinks this picture is so funny. Andrea looks all sad and grandma looks all smug. Haha!

Saturday we didn't really do much. Kevin and Stacie came over for dinner. Grandma made the most delightful pork chops! We had corn on the cob and mashed potatoes. We did have to get something special for Brent cause the poor boy doesn't like mashed potatoes. Haha. I saw this amazing strawberry desert that I wanted to try and I thought that it would be the perfect time since everyone was there. It turned out to be so yummy! And SO easy to make. I will definitely make it again! We didn't let it freeze for long enough though so it wasn't quite as good as it could be. But, it was still yummy, yummy.



Grandma did have to get on her way on Sunday morning but she is going to stop on her way back through again. It was great to take a little break from school while she was here. (Even though I'm regretting it now!) Thanks for coming grandma! We love you!

4 comments:

Grant Haws said...

I LOVE your Grandma! Can I marry her?

melanie said...

Your grandma and guitar hero are the best! SO funny. And please do share the strawberry recipe. It looks yum!

A Real Winner said...

EW! Why did you put that ugly picture of me? I look way ugly! You should crop it so you can only see your grandma. Or else, no recipe.

A Real Winner said...

Chocolate Cowboy Cookies:
*I didn't put cocoa in, so they weren't chocolate, just regular. It works either way though.

Ingredients
3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup margarine or shortening
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 large egg
1 cup quick-cooking oat
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Directions
1 Sift together dry ingredients; set aside.

2 Blend together margarine (or shortening) and sugars.

3 Add egg & beat until light & fluffy then stir in vanilla.

4 Combine with dry ingredients & mix well.

5 Add remaining ingredients& mix well.

6 Drop by teaspoon onto greased or parchment-lined cookie sheets and bake in preheated 350°F oven for 12minutes.

7 Allow a few minutes longer if you prefer crisp cookies.